Sweetsnomo

Friday, February 24, 2006

Hi...new here. I was diagnosed in March, 2005 with diabetes. They started treating me as a type 2 diabetic. I was 39 and losing weight (down to 116#) which was not the typical type 2. After further testing they found I have the antibodies that show beta cell destruction...so I am type 1 (or LADA). I stopped the Glyburide since it was flogging my pancreas to create more insulin with what little ability it had left. Now on MDI of Novolog.

It's been close to one year and sometimes feels like an eternity. I started this post to just put my thoughts somewhere about this disease and me.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    Welcome! Thanks for commenting on my blog, and congratulations on starting yours!

    I find it very theraputic to blog and comment.

    You may want to turn on the "word verification" option for you comments (you can find that somewhere in your comment settings on blogger). It will keep the garbage spammers to a minimum.

    I'll keep an eye out for new posts here, and look forward to reading them!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger sweetsnomo said…

    Thanks for your advice about "word verification". Done!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Kerri. said…

    Hello!

    I came across your site from a comment you left on Diabetes Mine... welcome to the wonderfully chaotic world of blogging. There are a number of diabetes blogs out there and I'm happy to see that you've leant your voice to the chorus.

    I'll be checking in to see how things are going over here. Mind if I link you from "Six Until Me?"

    Kerri.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger sweetsnomo said…

    Hi Kerri,

    Thanks for checking me out. I'd be honored to be linked through your site. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home