Sweetsnomo

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Paczki

Mmmm...Here I sit with my paczki (pronounced poonch-key). On fat Tuesday it is a given. For those who don't know it's a lot like a super-sized, jelly filled donut. In Poland, the paczki tradition was brought about when perishables such as lard and eggs had to be consumed before Lenten fasting.

This year I have a different relationship with my paczki. I know I really shouldn't eat it. My endo would say something like, "You know you shouldn't eat that!" Easy for her to say. She doesn't have diabetes. And it was interesting when I asked if she did. She gave me a shocked look with an emphatic "No!" like it would be a terrible thing.

Anywhere from 350 - 500 calories each and somewhere around 25 grams of fat. I don't know how many carbs. I don't know how this will affect my blood sugar. Last year I had four...FOUR! Let's see if I have restraint this year. Maybe a good polka after consumption and will help the blood sugar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home