Sweetsnomo

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"Don't You Judge Me"

Tomorrow I go in to get my blood drawn for testing. I have my endo appointment next week and am a little anxious about it this time. My sugar levels in the morning have been consistently higher. I know that these will affect my A1c. The doctor said to call her if they are higher than 150. I've seen a few but I haven't called her.

My last A1c was 6.5. Right on the line of being good. I know this one will be higher. It has to be (not that I'm trying...I'm counting carbs and watching what I eat - really!)

The one before that was 7. When the doctor came into the room on that visit she looked at me and asked what I've been doing to make my number go higher. I felt as if I was in the principal's office...and I've done something wrong. Maybe I was reading her wrong.

I know she is there to help me. I can't help but get the feeling that I'm being judged. Maybe when the doctor comes in asking what's up this time I'll quote Joy's mom in "My Name Is Earl" by saying...

"Don't You Judge Me, Doc!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home