Sweetsnomo

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Working

Well I'm still here. Working on my home, working to help the children with their schoolwork, working for money. I've been working from home full time for little over a year now. Switched over from part-time...partly for the money and partly to keep busy (as if I wasn't busy enough). I was working close to full time hours anyway and saw an opportunity to get paid for it.

Diabetes is still here. Working me over. My last A1c in September was 7. Doctor said it was poor diabetes control. They liked the 6.5 better. Summertime was hard for diabetic me. Cool summer pasta salads, potato salads and beer. Hopefully the walking that I did do got me to that 7 or it would probably be higher.

I've already started working on my New Year's resolution...to be in better control...but not at implementing it yet. Why not start today? Well with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching, it doesn't seem like I will win that battle. Maybe I'll make little changes between now and then. But I won't beat myself up too much if I don't.

When I told one of my children's teachers that I was a new diabetic, she knew what I was in for...her husband is a brittle diabetic. She said right off that I'm just supposed to live like everyone should (eat right and exercise). But that's hard to do every day, day after day, without breaks or relief (or that damn candy corn).

Sometimes I forget I'm diabetic (thanks hubby for driving home from the restaurant to get my insulin). Sometimes I can't get it out of my head (fear, anger, etc.). I guess we all have our trials and tribulations. Maybe I'll keep working on keeping my sanity.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Tony said…

    keep walking....step step step...walking is good :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home