Sweetsnomo

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Happy D-Blog Day

It's D-Blog day and I felt compelled to write...although I don't know what I should write about. The daily grind of the 'betes is just that...grinding on and on. I think I feel fortunate to get this disease (did I just write that) at a later stage in life. I was 39 when diagnosed. I feel for the little ones.

I am a nervous ninny as it is with the kids...don't jump in the family room because you'll crack your head open on the fireplace hearth...don't stand with your back to the staircase because you could fall down them. Don't...don't...don't. I can't imagine being a mom of a child with diabetes. With my own daily living I can feel the highs and lows, I know the risks I take (eating that Snickers without a shot). My daughter turned 11 this year. My dad was diagnosed at 11. Whenever she says she's thirsty or has to use the bathroom, I wonder. My son is 7 and sometimes still has accidents in bed...I wonder. I constantly worry that they'll get it too.

As if life doesn't have enough to worry about...I can now worry that they'll get this too.

I don't like this disease...don't...don't...don't.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Sandra Miller said…

    My son has this thing-- and I do worry about him a LOT.

    And I also find myself worrying about my daughter... whenever she says she thirsty, that internal alarm sounds.

    I hate it, too.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Kerri. said…

    I don't like it, either. But I am grateful for this community we have.

    Here for you. Always. ;)

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Kassie said…

    Thanks for posting. I hear you on the watchful eye, for sure.

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger justme said…

    don't like it either. it sucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home