Sweetsnomo

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lows and Shopping

We all know that it's not a good idea to go shopping while hungry. How about shopping while experiencing a low? I was actually in the grocery store yesterday and started to feel a little funky. I didn't have my tester but I am all too familiar with the feeling: can't concentrate and make a decision, numb lips, view a little black around the edges.

Well I picked up those spicy chicken bites I discovered at the meat counter (already cooked and ready to heat up-yum!), Fritos, those sugar cookies with the thick frosting (on sale-bonus!), ketchup chips (huh?). I did manage to get the things I could remember (since I forgot my list): bread, milk, OJ, dinner for the family. $57 dollars later we are out the door. I did have a few Starburst to bring me up a bit while walking around.

You would think I could wait until dinner, but no. I scarfed the chicken (smothered in ranch), Fritos, and two (not one but two) delicious cookies. Covered it as best I could with insulin using the S.W.A.G. bolus system. Good thing the kids wanted to go for a bike ride.

I could have considered all that dinner but I bought all the fixings for tacos and that sounded really good so, of course me and my willpower, had a taco later...and three beers (low carb). Some days when you're going downhill you just continue along with the momentum building.

This morning's BG tells the story of yesterday...161. Another day in the life. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home