Sweetsnomo

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Time Runs Differently in a Clock Shop


Clock Shop:
Hello. Clock Shop.
Me:
Hi, I'm calling to check on my clock.
Clock Shop:
What do you want to check on it for...
Me: To see if it is done (I sent in a Hamilton School Clock for repair in January).
Clock Shop: Hold on...(on hold for a few moments)...not done yet.
Me: Okay...can you tell me when it will be finished?
Clock Shop: Well...these repairs take time. Sometimes we try to fix it then we have to hang it on the wall and watch it for a while to see if it is fixed.
Me: Should I call back and check in a couple of weeks?
Clock Shop: No.
Me: What?!?
Clock Shop: Well...when you call we have to answer the phone which takes us away from the workbench and we can't get our work done.
Me: O...kay...I guess I'll wait to hear from you then.

(Now I know how time runs in a clock shop.)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Kerri. said…

    Ah, the essence of time. Found in a clock shop, of all places.

    I have the urge to spew out a litany of "time" idiomatic expressions, but I am quashing that inclination. I should be working. After all, time is money.

    ... Couldn't resist.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a way to treat a customer!!!

    So how do they run a buisness when they can't waste time on the phone?

    weird.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home