Sweetsnomo

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to my fellow diabloggers. I like the fresh, clean start we have with a brand new year in front of us. Over the Christmas break I've cleaned closets, the basement, and more than a few drawers. We've made our trip to the Salvation Army and the rest is piled at the curb. I'd now like to cleanse my mind of old habits and thoughts.

I've been successful in past years with New Years Resolutions. I think it's the ultimate starting point that's attractive to me. One of the biggies was to quit smoking. Not an easy task after many years of puffing (on and off again).

Now is the time to change my eating (and drinking) habits. I was actually better during December...perhaps that was a bit of a trial run. Like getting in shape for a marathon. Slowly getting my taste buds to like good food again.

I was also at the gym three time last week lifting weights and walked most days for 30 minutes. Exercise really does affect your sugars for the better.

My morning sugars have been better. The past three days were 104, 126, 109. Before that my morning numbers were anywhere from the 140s to 160s (sometime up to 170-190 from those wacky pizza/beer nights) even with the Levimer.

It was easy to exercise while the kids were out of school and I was off work. It will be bit challenging when the daily grind and routine starts again but I must find time. I look at my kids and hope that I 'm around when they are older. I'm pretty sure I'll BE around but I'm hoping to be around and in good shape (physically and mentally) and not a burden.

Happy New Year to you and yours...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home